C-Flex® TPE Tubing for Biopharmaceutical Applications
C-Flex® biopharmaceutical tubing is the original patented thermoplastic elastomer tubing specifically designed to meet the critical demands of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical applications for fluid processing. C-Flex tubing for biopharma manufacturing is specifically designed for aseptic welding connections and sealing disconnection. C-Flex is suitable for sterilization by gamma and x-ray irradiation as well as autoclave. C-Flex is moldable, bondable, and formable making it ideal for single-use assemblies, overmolds, tubing, and bag manifolds. C-Flex tubing is manufactured from pharmaceutical-grade thermoplastic elastomer, and full validation and extractable profile testing reports are available to assist in the validation of C-Flex applications.
C-Flex® sealable and weldable tubing
C-Flex® is the original patented thermoplastic elastomer tubing specifically designed
to meet the critical demands of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical applications for fluid processing with excellent heat seal and sterile weld capabilities.
The material difference
For over 30 years, C-Flex® has been the thermoplastic elastomer tubing most widely used and validated by the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
Each coil of C-Flex® tubing is extruded to precise ID and wall dimensions. C-Flex® tubing is part of a family of TPE tubing offering the widest range of formulations and sizes in the industry including C-Flex® 082 and 374 translucent tubing for fluid flow visibility, and C-Flex® 072 opaque for peristaltic pump and light sensitivity applications. For applications demanding higher pressure, C-Flex® Braided combines a polyester fiber reinforcement with C-Flex® 082 material. C-Flex® tubing has a secure global supply chain with redundant manufacturing sites in the United States and Europe with validated manufacturing processes.
Features / Benefits
• Sealable and weldable either pre- or post-sterilization
• C-Flex® 072 provides prolonged pump life
• Sterilizable by gamma irradiation and autoclave
• Product Validation Test Summaries available upon request
• Moldable, bondable and formable for single-use assemblies and overmolds
• Temperature range -67°C to 135°C (-85°F to 275°F)
• Significantly less permeable than silicone
• All formulas are Animal-Derived Component Free
• Multiple Manufacturing sites
• Aseptic sealing disconnections
• Aseptic welding connections
• Peristaltic Pump
• Ideal for use in single-use assemblies
• Buffer and media preparation
• Cell culture operations
• Single-use fluid transfer sets
• Tubing and bags manifolds